|Slone Urry navigates his #20 TruSpeed Porsche 911 GT3 in Turn 12 during the St. Petersburg Firestone Grand Prix Round #2 of the 2016 Pirelli World Challenge. Image Credit: TruSpeed AutoSport (2016)|
Interview - Tyler Tadevic - President, Team Manager TruSpeed AutoSport
As a former ChampCar, IndyCar open wheel, IMSA sports car team owner, and long time professional sports car team manager experiences in his background, Tyler Tadevic brings a wealth of motorsport experience from the very highest levels of competitive pursuit. He even fielded an effort that competed in the INDY 500.
Winning is not a foreign result to whatever type of racing series Tyler is involved in. From capturing a series championship title with Jon Fogarty in ChampCar to the most recent results at Circuit Of The Americas and St. Petersburg in the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup class in the Pirelli World Challenge with Slone Urry, the proven understanding of process in the logistics, preparation, team coordination, and racing series political environment deliver consistent color at the bottom of the pan.
As Husband, Father, Friend, Teacher, Team Manager, and President of TruSpeed AutoSport, Tyler Tadevic expects top level results with everything he applies his attention to.
Welcome Tyler Tadevic:
TruSpeed AutoSport's team and driver, Slone Urry, are coming off of a string of three straight wins in the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup class in the Pirelli World Challenge, one at Circuit Of The Americas and back-to-back wins during the second race weekend of eleven planned.
1) Before we discuss this season, when did you become involved in the Costa Mesa based TruSpeed operation, what was achieved working with the Rob Morgan and the Morgan family operation, and what led to your purchase of the TruSpeed AutoSport?
2) 2015 was a pretty big year for TruSpeed AutoSport, with a working partnership being worked out with Kelly Moss Porsche and driver Colin Thompson - the team had a hand in securing the Pirelli World Challenge's 911 GT3 Cup class championship and runner-up with Slone Urry. What were the keys to success in this break-out season?
3) On TruSpeed AutoSport's Facebook page it mentions that TruSpeed has drivers in both Diamond and Platinum classes competing this year in the Pirelli World Challenge and that you are fielding challenges in other series as well. Please tell us more about where TruSpeed AutoSport is racing and supporting.
4) As mentioned before, TruSpeed AutoSport's team and driver, Slone Urry, are coming off of a string of three straight wins in four races. Where, What venues do you see Sloan Urry, given his driving style, may have an advantage and which venues pose the biggest challenge?
5) Earlier in your career, you showed success in open wheel racing. This year Indianapolis Motor Speedway will be holding the 100th INDY 500, would you consider fielding an effort to contest the INDY 500 sometime in the future ... is this still a dream?
With the great season start, we look forward to following TruSpeed and Sloan Urry the balance of this 20 race Pirelli World Challenge season.
Thank You - Tyler Tadevic - President, Team Manager TruSpeed AutoSport
... notes from The EDJE
TAGS: TruSpeed AutoSport, Porsche 911, GT3 Cup, Pirelli World Challenge, Slone Urry, Porsche, Pirelli, SecurityNational Mortgage Company, Zoro, Mothers Polish, Justice Brothers, Ironclad Performance Wear, Sterling Collision Center LLC, Fuel Safe, XRP Inc., PMG Awareness Organization, avasis.com, 5.11 Tactical, The EDJE