Bonhams Auction at the Quail Lodge.
Posted by Dicken Wear, for The Motorsports Report
- Event: Bonhams Quail Lodge Auction
- Sale Date: Friday, August 19, 11am
- Preview Days: Wednesday-Thursday, Aug. 17-18, 9am-6pm
- Venue: Quail Lodge & Golf Club
- Location: western lawns of Quail Lodge at intersection of Rancho San Carlos Rd and Valley Greens Dr.
- Entry: $20 – gallery guide, admits one; $100 – full catalog, admits two; $150 – bidder registration, catalog, admits two.
- Website: bonhams.com/quail
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To watch the auction live on the internet, go to bonhams.com/quail/live
- 1904 Mercedes-Simplex 28-32hp Rear Entrance Tonneau
- 1921 Stutz Bearcat Model K, highly original; Wayne Carini "Chasing Classic Cars"
- 1931 Bugatti Type 51 Grand Prix ex-Lord Howe, Tazio Nuvolari, Monaco GP
- 1935 Mercedes-Benz 500K Cabriolet A, certified and expertly restored
- 1938 Talbot T23 Cabriolet by Figoni et Falaschi
- 1967 Jaguar XKE Roadster ex-Diana Ross
- 1969 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL ex-Jane Russell
- 1985 Ferrari 288 GTO, original owner since new
- 1994 Porsche 964 3.6 Turbo S Flachbau, 1 of 39 built
- 2014 McLaren P1, just 1150 miles from new
- 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari, the ultimate hybrid supercar
Bonhams’ annual auction at Quail Lodge is without question one of the most important auctions of collector cars in the world. Held in conjunction with the prestigious Quail, A Motorsports Gathering, this cornerstone of the global collector car calendar is now in its 19th year.
While the international headline-making 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO – which set a record at more than $38-million to become the most valuable car ever sold in auction history – may be the most famous, world auction records are made every year at Quail Lodge. Just within the last few years, for example, Bonhams has set models records for these premier marques: Austin-Healey, Bentley, Bugatti, Cobra, Ferrari, FIAT, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Lancia, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Napier and Rolls-Royce, among many others. Furthermore, recent sell-through rates at Quail Lodge average more than 90% and many single-owner collections have been 100% sold.
It’s with this long, successful track record that Bonhams is pleased to announce this year's sale on Friday, August 19th at Quail Lodge in Carmel, California.
- Instagram: @BonhamsMotoring
- Facebook: @Bonhams1793
- Twitter: @Bonhams1793
- hashtags: #BonhamsMotoring #Bonhams