Watch this space for more news about this Team after the Speed World Challenge races this weekend at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca,
(Copied and Posted by Dicken Wear of "The Motorsports Report")
Jackson-Dawson and Scion Up the Ante to Race in SPEED World Challenge Series
to Make Debut This Weekend at Laguna Seca
TORRANCE, Calif. — JD and Scion will again push the envelope by entering what is perhaps the most visible professional road racing series for production cars in North America. has become synonymous with fierce competition, wicked cars, and some of the best drivers in the world. The team will have the distinction of becoming the first Scion ever to enter the series.
The JD Scion tC road race car will be entered this coming weekend during the season finale at historic Laguna Seca in Monterey , Calif. The team plunges into the newly-created 2 (TC2) class, designed for race cars that are extremely similar to any car you can buy off the showroom floor.
The class was a perfect fit for the team and their car, and in fact very few modifications were required to become compliant with the new rule set. Indeed, in the future, TC2 looks to grow even bigger, as almost every automotive manufacturer has a car that could potentially run in the series.
In a surprise strategic move, team manager and two-time NASA national champion driver Dan Gardner has elected to put Western Endurance Racing Championship (WERC) series co-driver Scott Webb in the seat for the debut. Webb has logged many hours at Laguna Seca in both racecars and motorcycles, making him the perfect fit.
“We didn’t want to spill the beans too quickly, but putting Scott in the car just makes sense,” said Gardner . “There’s a great advantage right out of the gate to having lots of seat time at a particular track. Scott has that covered in droves at Laguna, and I can’t think of anyone better to be driving for the team at this event.”
Gardner and Webb are currently leading the championship points race in the WERC endurance series in the E1 class, and have made a potent combination.
Said Webb, “It’s been great driving the Scion in the enduros. The car is just so well-developed, and I gelled great with the entire team. Opportunities like this are rare, and anyone who knows anything about pro road racing knows that World Challenge is the place to be. Thanks to Dan for making it happen. We’re proving what Scion’s made of every time we take to the track, and I’m excited to do it again on this all-new playground.”
TV viewers can later catch the race on SPEED on Tuesday, November 3 at 2 p.m. EST.
Details for the event are as follows:
What: Touring Car Season Finale
Where: , Monterey , California
When: Qualifying- Saturday, October 10: 11:05 a.m.
Race- Sunday, October 11: 9:30 a.m.
“We’re never resting at Scion,” said Steve Hatanaka, Scion auto shows and special events manager. “Winning the national championship in one series is certainly a season highlight, but we’re ready to make another mark still yet this season. World Challenge is a great stage for us to continue to take our game to the next level. I wish Dan, Scott and the entire team the best of luck.”
The team again will be running decals for Technosquare’s Richey Watanabe, who recently became ill. Richey and Technosquare have been a vital resource for the team over the last several years, building the cage, the engine, and other various trick fabricated bits and pieces. The team will proudly display decals at the event in honor of Richey and the shop.
The JD Scion tC team uses:
• Scion-supplied OE parts
• TRD-supplied supercharger and intercooler, front big brake kit
• Pilot Automotive HID driving lamps
• Nitto 235/40R17 NT-01 tires
• Enkei RPF1 17x8 wheels
• OS Giken Super Lock Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
• Dezod-supplied AEM standalone engine management, plug-and-play harness, injectors, end links, and stainless clutch line
• Church Automotive Testing dyno tuning
• Moton Suspension remote reservoir coilover shocks
• Vogtland springs
• Progress Technology rear swaybar and
• Motul transmission fluid, and super coolant, ,
• Racepak IQ3 logger dash
• AEM sensors, EMS , and dry flow air filter
• Kaminari carbon-fiber roof and composite headlights
• Royalty Auto Body body work
• America ’s Tire Co. tire mounting and balancing
• Racetech Viper head-restraint race seat and 6-point harnesses
• Centerforce clutch and low-inertia steel flywheel
• AIT carbon-fiber hood and hatch
• Wild Pony Motorsports-supplied camber/caster plates
• Goodridge fittings and lines
• Carbotech XP10 and XP8 brake pads
• G-Force racing suit, gloves, helmet, shoes
• DC Sports header
• Energy Suspension bushings and motor mounts
• HoseTechniques silicone hoses
• Tri-Mountain Racewear team gear
• NST supercharger pulley, alternator pulley, and shifter bushings
Jackson-Dawson Communications (JD) is a 28-year-old privately held company that provides creative and strategic services to a range of national clients. Core competencies include retail training, event marketing, marketing services, business theater, video and media production services, meeting planning, print graphic and design services, staging service and vehicle management.
With corporate offices in Detroit , MI , Jackson-Dawson also maintains offices in Torrance , CA , Nashville , TN and Manhattan , NY . Jackson-Dawson owns and operates several divisions: Peloton Creative Group, BenMar Communications, Drivers Talk Radio and Drivers Talk Testing.